Mgr General Manufacturing 2
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a General Manufacturing Manager to oversee and manage APN-241 production and repairs in Warner Robins, Georgia. This position reports to the Sustainment Business Area Manger and serves as the primary interface with the APN-241 program in ensuring operation requirements and activities are fully integrated and coordinated within the program.
- Serve as the focal point for production stand up, facility build out, capital transfer and overall production readiness
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure on-time delivery of high quality, affordable products and services that meet all contract requirements and business objectives
- Provide the program and team with coordination of core production capabilities and resources required to meet current and future program needs; interfacing requirements of skilled personnel, processes, facilities, tools and other assets needed to effectively and efficiently execute the APN-241 work share
- Work in concert with other program leadership homerooms and shared service organizations, to coordinate, and support the continuous improvement of People, Products, Processes, Systems and Service
- Oversee multiple APN-241 projects assigned and provide direction to ensure cost, schedule, and quality are achieved
- Provide objective-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines and general policies
- Direct supervision/management of the staff.
- Transfer of capital equipment from NG MS, Baltimore to NG TS, Warner Robins
- Capital Planning, functional design, build out and completion of APN-241 production facility
- Providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies.
- Ensure ISO9001, AS9100 policies and practices are followed
- Daily operations of a team (supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs).
- Managing and coordinating risk management and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for APN-241 program performance.
- Monitor staffing size and production workload
- Monitors work operations of exempt and/or non-exempt employees on a daily basis and actively assists or provides direction to subordinates as required.
- Facilitates meetings, conducts briefings, and provides updates to program and functional leadership
- Bachelor's degree with 9 years of experience with Operations/Program Management and/or non-exempt employee supervisory experience, or in lieu of a degree, 13 years of Operations/Program Management and/or non-exempt employee supervisory experience
- Strong attributes in leading diverse operations team
- Familiarity or experience with bonding, potting, wiring, soldering, electrical assembly and light mechanical assembly of subassemblies, packaging or completed units.
- Ability to communicate and relate to personnel at all levels
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with electrical assembly J-STD's, ESD controls, bonding, and potting
- Operations/Program Management background with a major defense contractor or DoD entity
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) / MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Active DoD Secret clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top