Mgr General Manufacturing 2
- Palmdale, CA
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manager of General Manufacturing 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate has the responsibility, authority, and accountability for leading the manufacturing activities of a given cost center within restricted programs, including quality, cost and schedule objectives and factory accountability along with other duties.
- Providing direction and coaching to technicians and other production personnel in the assembly and manufacturing areas.
- Ensures team members receive the required training and prepares the daily work plans in support of overall program objectives.
- Encourages and provides direction for career development of employees, including educational options for highly motivated employees.
- Provides leadership/direction to ensure all affordability initiatives and opportunities for process improvements are systematically identified, pursued, and supported.
T he selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma /GED and the following is required
- 9 years' experience within a manufacturing environment
- 4 years of previous leadership or supervisory experience in a manufacturing or operations/assembly environment
- An active Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance granted or having a review within 5 years and the ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of leadership
- Must be available to work any shift and site.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Special Program Access
Back to top