Mgr General Manufacturing 2 - 5th Shift
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' Manufacturing Operations Engineering organization is seeking a General Manufacturing Manager 2.This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland. The General Manufacturing Manager 2 is responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 15-20 represented employees and processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Providing direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies
- Driving employee efficiency
- Meeting product cost and schedule targets
- Managing the area to produce quality products
- Engaging employees to achieve their highest potential
The General Manufacturing Manager 2 will work independently across organizations; manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets; assign and manage Operator and/or Test Technicians to maximize efficiency and achieve target productive yields; implement area process improvements to improve affordability, quality and schedule; and perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage Operator and/or Test Technicians.
This is a weekend position - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 7pm - 7am.
The 5th shift manager will be responsible for supervising test in the Antenna and RE cell, as well as operators in the Subarray cell. In addition to the set number of employees in those areas, the manager will also be overseeing employees working overtime on the weekends during their hours of operation. Communication will be provided to the manager for what is priority over the weekend as these final assembly areas strive to delivery to set contract dates. Safety is of the upmost importance over the weekend and knowing how to handle those situations will be provided. Safety audits will need to be performed over the weekend to ensure that all areas of responsibility are remaining a safe work environment.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience OR Master's degree with 7 years of experience
- Ability to work weekend shift - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 7pm - 7am.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Production environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Level Security clearance is required. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- BS in engineering or other technical area
- Experience working in a union represented environment
- Experience managing manufacturing assembly and test
- Experience with SAP or other Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system for business
- Prior program, project and/or people management, cross-organizational, process improvement experience
- Green Belt Certification
- LEAN Manufacturing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top