Mgr General Manufacturing 1
- Assume responsibility for the Fabrication departments and personnel on third shift; this includes overseeing: production scheduling, quality assurance, continuous improvement initiatives and maintaining safe and efficient manufacturing operations
- Assist in training employees
- Audit manufacturing and testing procedures
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Understand and execute emergency procedures
- Demonstrate the required leadership behaviors to motivate and engage employees and to build trust and confidence among the management team and peers
- Partner with other area supervisors, managers, and other operations resources to address and solve critical operational and employee performance issues in a timely manner
- Lead the workforce to meet specified operational metrics and area goals, including leading Lean Savings projects, reducing Cost of Poor Quality, improving On-Time-Shipments, and enhancing employee engagement
- Serve as the backup for other off-shift supervisors, as needed
- Associate's Degree in a technical or business discipline
- A minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior supervision experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, scientific, or related technical field
- Experience supervising a manufacturing operation
- Experience with data analysis software, such as Minitab
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top