Mgr General Manufacturing 1
- Responsible for second shift in Crystal Growth and Thin Film Coating Departments to include: production scheduling, quality assurance, executing continuous improvement initiatives and maintaining safe and efficient manufacturing operations
- Assist in training employees, auditing manufacturing and testing procedures, and troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Understand and properly execute emergency procedures
- Partner with other area supervisors, managers and other operations resources to address and solve critical operational and employee performance issues in a timely manner
- Lead the workforce to meet specified operational metrics and area goals including: leading Lean Savings projects, reducing Cost of Poor Quality, improving On Time Shipments and enhancing employee engagement
- Serve as the backup for the second shift Fabrication Supervisor when needed
- Supervise all Thin Film Coating's second shift employees, with a dotted line reporting structure to the department Supervisor
- Associate in Science Degree in a technical or business discipline
- A minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior Supervision experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors to motivate, engage, build trust and confidence amongst employees, management team and peers
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering / Scientific discipline
- Experience supervising a manufacturing operation
- Experience with data analysis software, such as Minitab
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top