Mgr Env Health Safety 3
- Sunnyvale, CA
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Manager, Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Sunnyvale, California. Coverage will include the Sunnyvale locations and multiple field service locations on the West and East coasts. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector Environmental, Health, Safety & Fire Protection (EHSFP) Team. This position will report to the sector Director, EHSFP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement Environmental, Health & Safety compliance, and management systems in accordance with government and company requirements.
- Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of EHS programs to ensure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Manage hazardous material management and chemical tracking and inventory programs.
- Evaluate proposed federal, state, and local Environmental, Health & Safety compliance laws and regulations to determine impact to compliance programs and business operations.
- Interpret laws and regulations to determine applicability for facilities of responsibility and implement programs to comply.
- Effectively manage and lead a team of EHS professionals in accomplishing the EHS program aspects.
- Promote professional development of EHS team and fosters a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
- Provide clear assignments, help employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, create an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and build a culture that motivates employees to their highest level of performance.
- Partner with management of internal functional organizations to continuously improve the EH&S culture, awareness, and accountability.
- Interface with regulatory representatives, sector EHS headquarters staff, senior management, site EHS committees, union leadership, and Emergency Response and Crisis Management teams.
- Demonstrate personal integrity and high ethical standards in customer contacts as well as all internal relationships.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in Environmental, Safety, Health or related program of study and a minimum of 10 years of experience in an EH&S position or in a management position related to EH&S.
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills with all levels of an organization are a must.
- Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively.
- Computer based skills specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship required).
- Masters of Science (MS) degree in an Environmental, or Health & Safety program of study.
- Previous management experience.
- Experience working with union represented employees and leadership.
- Certifications in Environmental or Health & Safety related programs.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Access programs.
- Familiar with the SAP EHS module.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top