Mgr Engineerng Sciences Sppt 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Metrology Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The Metrology Manager directs and coordinates process improvement activities for the Rolling Meadows calibration lab. As functional manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for the manpower plans, scheduling, equipment/facility requirements, and metrology engineering. As a key leader, partner and essential member of the program team, the position provides strategic thought leadership, collaborative solutions and influences process and outcomes. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success leading broad organization changes within cost and schedule while achieving client expectations and focusing on organizational and team success. The position requires a solution-based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages personnel performance evaluation, merit planning, employee development, recruiting, workload planning/forecasting, and time approval.
- Promotes the professional development of the Mission Assurance workforce and fosters a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
- Maintains the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics.
- Provides clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
- 3 years of experience in metrology.
- 5 years of leadership experience.
- Familiarity with metrology specifications ANSI Z540, ISO17025 and their implementation throughout a high technology facility.
- Experience generating technical reports and presentations to management, peers, and customers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- BS Degree in business, engineering, or Quality Assurance
- Knowledgeable in metrology applications.
- Experience with MS Office and SAP.
- Active secret security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top