Mgr Engineering 3
The selected engineering professional will assist in the development and implementation of departmental vision and strategies to drive employee engagement; improve hiring, development, training, and retention of top talent; manage engineering tools and products; balance process compliance against innovation; and reduce bureaucracy.
The manager provides qualified flight test personnel pilots, mission systems operators, payload operators, mission planners, and Flight Test Engineers - to all Northrop Grumman Aerospace Sector (NGAS) programs to conduct ground and flight test planning, execution, and reporting. Manage Post/Taleo requisitions, all facets of hiring talent from entering requisitions, review resumes, conducting interviews, and making final decisions regarding candidates and salary.
Review and update Flight Test procedures in conjunction with the Department Manager (DM). Help DM with tactical execution of all department activities including managing section managers, act as the DM DOA in his or her absence.
Will be directly involved with Engagement activities to improve the workplace environment. Support program tiger teams, RCCA investigations, deep dives, and pre-milestone reviews. Serve on and participate in program SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, FRR reviews as required.
Maintains department records and spreadsheets to provide Department Manager with information regarding LRAP, Awards (Bravo, Quarterly Awards, and Team awards), PMP rankings, CCOM documentation, PDP rotation program, Budget and Capital requests, Staff meetings, training and conferences. Identify and implement process improvements as a member/alternate member Flight Test Community of Practice as well as Sub CoPs. Working often with HR to coordinate compensation, retention, employee documentation, requisitions approvals. Provide 1st line point of contact for section managers and process questions. Assist with the employee performance of developing goals, providing mid-term counseling and end of the year rating and performance reviews, leadership development and knowledge retention.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline
- Minimum 7 years' experience managing a Flight Test Engineering Discipline
- Experience leading a team of flight test engineers while building diverse/inclusive teams with engaged team members
- Experience on large DoD test programs
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance with eligibility for Top Secret and Special Program Access (SAP)
- Strong Technical Leadership Skills exhibited in a leadership role
- Test Director/Test Conductor qualification/certification
- Formal test training Test Pilot School courses; recognized University short courses
- DAU certification in T&E at level I or higher Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Knowledge of Functional Homeroom processes (e.g., Staffing, Processes, Metrics, Training)
- Strong technical trouble-shooting skills
- Possess technical discipline credibility to provide backstop support to programs as required on behalf of team members
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top