Mgr Engineering 3, Assistant Department Manager
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Systems Integration, Test/Evaluation Palmdale, Ground Test Engineering and Operations Department is seeking an Assistant Department Manager. This manager will assist the Department Manager in executing the day to day organizational responsibilities of a 200 person department containing Managers, Systems Test Engineers, Test Conductors, Flight Test Techs, and supporting staff.
- Support the Ground Test Field Operations Department Manager with day to day organizational responsibilities as necessary to maintain the continuity and timeliness of critical tasks.
- Work with the Department Manager to maintain a global vision while managing detailed assignments, and ensure that vision gets communicated to Section Managers.
- Take an active role in assisting the Department Manager with staffing and budget oversight. Daily activities will consist of reviewing the status of all projects and budgets, assessing project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Responsible for assisting in capturing and leading new business initiatives for the Ground Test Field Operations team and forecasting future team growth requirements. This position will have a very strong influence in the initial capture of business, and critical oversight to ensure technical risks, program milestones, and budget allocations are met, and will have direct impact on the identification and mitigation of risk for the company.
- Responsibilities also include working with other Departments and the SIT&E Directorate to ensure consistent understanding and use of company and organization policies and procedures across all programs and locations.
- Complete assignments delegated by the Department Manager as required.
This position oversees multiple programs and several field locations, and will require strong communication with site representatives as well as travel to work directly with on-site teams and program management. It will report directly to the Ground Test Engineering Department Manager.
- Bachelor of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- 7 years of combined experience in any of the following: aircraft maintenance, developmental or operational test and evaluation, flight test engineering, flight test operations, instrumentation, lab operations, or any other engineering disciplines involved in research/development/test and evaluation.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Significant experience in the developmental test maintenance environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top