Mgr Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
This position reports to Vehicle Engineering (VE) Director within Research, Technology, and Engineering (RT&E) Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence and will be assigned to provide cross-department support to all the Department Managers in the VE functional organization. Departments include, Structural Analysis, Structural Design, Subsystems Design and Integration, and Production support (Liaison).
This position is responsible for assisting the directorate operations; partner with Department Managers, Section Managers, Programs and stakeholders to implement and maintain operational excellence. Act as resource manager, lead staffing/hiring/redeployment and provisioning activities. Function as focal point and driver for business, engineering, and staffing and engineering metrics tracking and reporting, clearance tracking, data calls, weekly notes, and financial execution. Will on occasion be responsible to support proposal and related BOE reviews, conduct PCAB RCCA's, compile and LRAP for all departments within VE, support NAR/ICE, have sufficient breath and deep experience in VE directorate's engineering disciplines.
Provide project and leadership management support to the maintenance and management of facilities/labs/infrastructure, property, tools, and processes. Responsible for directorate SharePoint implementation and maintenance. Function as focal point of current state and driver for future state of directorate tools and processes. Will support and participate in Community of Practice (CoP) disciplines as they relate to the VE directorate.
Coordinate and execute tasks required to operate the organization at peak efficiency & effectiveness; includes personnel deployments, provisioning, security clearance submittals/tracking, staffing/de-staffing database maintenance, indirect budget tracking and execution, and training and compliance. Responsible for operational cadences across VE Departments. Key coordination POC into other E&GPD and AS stakeholder organizations (e.g. Programs, HR, TA, ESS) for resource and administrative matters.
Chief enforcer of organizational compliance with corporate/sector/organizational administrative policies/procedures. Work with Center management team and Programs to execute on staffing/de-staffing requirements, hiring, re-deployments and positioning for future forecast needs. Implement employee development strategies, track training activities and budget, expenditures and mandatory compliance metrics.
Support other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited University in one of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials & Process, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural Mechanics), or Systems Engineering, and a minimum 10years ofexperience
- Proven ability to manage projects and drive to completion within schedule and budget constraints
- Understanding of EVMS and DoD funding and budgeting
- Demonstrated leadership ability, particularly ability to lead and influence where ambiguity exists and without direct authority, on tight schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a process with lots of inputs, outputs, and stakeholders also required.
- Requires well developed aerospace engineering, business and production acumen along with strong Excel, PowerPoint and Access skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to acquire PAR access
- Master's Degree from an ABET accredited University in one of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials & Process, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural mechanics), or System's Engineering and a minimum 10years of related experience
- LRAP experience
- Microsoft project and IMS level of skill
- Advanced MS Office skills including VBA
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top