Mgr Engineering 3
The Global Hawk Systems Test and Edwards AFB (EAFB) Site Manager is responsible for all Global Hawk Engineering and Test activity at EAFB, CA.
This includes performing modifications, ground operations, ground tests, and developmental flight tests on multiple air vehicles including full spectrum, system of systems testing.
This leader will be responsible for the direction of engineering personnel and the flight test team, and will have cost, schedule, and performance responsibility to the Systems Test IPT Lead in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
In addition, this position will be the Northrop Grumman point of contact for test with the host squadron leadership and USG Test and Evaluation personnel. He/she will drive test strategy and architecture to support major program milestones.
Finally, as the EAFB Site Manager he/she is responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all personnel, and addressing site issues and concerns such as facilities and emergency planning.
The position will be based at Edwards AFB, CA and will require travel to other Northrop Grumman program sites.
• BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience and 10 or more years' experience in flight test and aircraft operations
• Hands-on experience in a leadership role on a recent Department of Defense flight test program
• Five or more years' experience as an IPT lead and or manager
• Experience using Earned Value Management systems.
• The candidate must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
• Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance with full investigation within the last 6 years
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Management
• Program Management or Engineering leadership experience on a large aviation acquisition program
• Formal flight test training, such as test pilot school; familiarity with T&E processes.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top