Mgr Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Department Manager/Site lead Integration and Test Manager: The System Test & Operations Center is seeking a Department Manager 3 to lead a diverse team of flight test and instrumentation engineers, flight test technicians, UAS pilots, mission planners, and supporting personnel supporting company programs.
The successful candidate will help their Section Managers understand our organization's vision and principles, build a culture that empowers and motivates individual excellence, and establish functional homeroom shared accountability for program performance.
Department Manager responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Center Manager and Section Managers to implement department and center initiatives, ensuring successful planning and execution of programs in developmental testing of manned and unmanned systems at Patuxent River Naval Air Station Maryland.
- Activities include oversight for all Flight Test employees and flight test resources based at Patuxent RiverServe and as the principle point of contact with NAVAIR and functional company leadership.
- Provide direction and management for the welfare, safety, and security of the employees and Northrop Grumman resources.
- Address site issues and concerns such as facilities and emergency planning.
- Enforces Federal, State and Local regulations, as well as Northrop Grumman policies governing operations at Patuxent River.
- Collaborate with programs to satisfy staffing needs and provide operations support (incident investigations, metrics collection and analysis, etc.), setting Talent+ goals and providing regular performance feedback to employees, supporting the annual salary review and promotion process, mentoring and developing the next generation of technical and project leadership, and improving and enforcing laboperations processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 7 years of Engineering or Aerospace Experience
- Active In-Scope DOD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- MS Degree in engineering or management; Program management experience; Formal flight test training, such as test pilot school.
- Experience with aircraft modification practices that meet DOD standards; Relocation Assistance is Available.
- Hands-on experience in a leadership role on a recent Department of Defense flight test program.
- Five or more years' experience as a manager.
- Unmanned air vehicle experience.
- Experience using earned value management systems.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video www.northropgrumman.com/HYPERLINK "http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo" SQMVideo
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top