Mgr Engineering 3
F-35 Chief Sustainment Lead
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Chief Sustainment Lead on the F-35 program to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will report to the F35 program Chief Engineer. The Chief Sustainment Lead is the responsible technical authority for all F-35 Sustainment support elements including subcontracted elements and is the lead technical spokesperson for the Sustainment Product Support IPT. The Chief Sustainment Lead maintains cognizance over technical activities within the Sustainment Product Support IPT and ensures the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for the F-35 customer. The Chief Sustainment Lead ensures the decisions on the configuration of the deliverable product and the technical approaches achieve expected system performance, enables long term program sustainment, and meets technical requirements while also overseeing preparation, review, approval and execution of affordable engineering and/or logistics engineering change proposals (ECPs) (LECPs).
The Chief Sustainment Lead provides oversight for all F-35 Product Support technical activities, is responsible for the integrity of the F-35 technical baseline from a product support perspective and shall coordinate with the product support program managers to ensure execution of the programs within an established cost and schedule baseline. The Chief Sustainment Lead leads the configuration management, ensures detail design approaches comply with Sector processes and procedures, ensures best design/architecture approaches, and drives reuse of design concepts from across the Sector. The Chief Sustainment Lead ensures a robust systems engineering approach is executed for supporting the aircraft as well as the proposal process for Class I/II changes.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated knowledge and experience of aircraft systems including air vehicle, mission computing, communications, and sensors as well as Product Support technical disciplines including Supportability, Reliability, Maintainability, Testability, Modeling and Simulation, Provisioning, and Supply Support (Spares and Repairs). In addition, leadership and communication skills are essential to help drive issues to closure and provide clear insight to executive leadership.
The position will be located in Space Park, Ca. Travel will be approximately 25% per month, primarily to Fort Worth, Tx., Eglin AFB, Fl., Palmdale, Ca., and other locations as required.
- Bachelor's degreein a STEMdiscipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) alongwith at least 10 years aerospace engineering and leadership experience
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance or higher
- Experience overseeing a team and EVMS (Earned Value Management System) management
- Master's degree in a STEM field with at least 14 years aerospace engineering leadership experience
- Active Secret Clearance or above.
- Exp erience in leadership skills to plan, estimate, organize, integrate and lead IPT activities across multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, companies and cultures.
- Experience with employment of CONOPS for the development of airframe architectures and requirements that are optimized to meet the customer's operational needs at lowest cost.
- Broad technical experience, across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle.
- I n-depth technical expertise in airframe requirements management, architecture design, interface control and verification; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solutions.
- Proven track record as a successful aerospace engineering manager on multiple military aircraft for at least 10 years.
- Experience with international programs and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top