Mgr Engineering 2 - Test Design Engineering
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill multiple Manager Level 2 Test Design Engineering positions in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Logistics (EM&L) function. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
Typical roles and responsibilities include:
- People Leadership for an engineering design organization, to include performance management, career development, staffing, and merit planning
- Provide project and technical oversight for design activities performed by the group
- Provide ownership of and direction to the design processes used in the group
- Provide proposal inputs and review proposal content for both internal and external customers
- Support department initiatives, recruiting, technology roadmap creation, cross-campus/sector involvement, and NCTA project leadership
This position is also responsible for staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs. The responsibilities include the recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for the contractors working in the business area.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He / she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
Minimal travel is expected.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience and at least 4 years providing technical leadership of a multi-disciplined engineering team
- A US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance (or higher) per business requirements
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential considerations:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent
- 2 years or more performing people leadership duties
- Experience with Agile management
- Position prefers a candidate with a current TS/SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top