Mgr Engineering 2 (Product Support & Reliability)
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Product Support (Supportability Analysis Engineering Manager) and Reliability Manager, directly reporting to the functional director for the Palmdale region. The Manager will lead a group of approximately 10 engineers and analysts whose responsibilities include providing Low Observables Supportability design influence to development efforts through the use of supportability and reliability & maintainability (R&M) analysis, repair strategies as well as forecasting resource requirements for several operational and sustainment contracts. This position is a hybrid role, consisting of direct support to programs and people management. This position is located at the Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence (CoE) in Palmdale, California.
In this role, the selected candidate(s) will be expected to:
- Provide leadership to the Supportable Low Observables (SLO) teams to include hiring, development, mentoring and conducting performance evaluations for employees as well as establishing and maintaining the appropriate tools and processes
- (or) Provide leadership to a Reliability, Fault Diagnostics and Modeling and Analysis team across the system lifecycle.
- Ensure designs, analysis and predictions of support concepts and capabilities meet key system requirements such as system availability, turnaround time, sparing, etc.
- Oversee Modeling team analysis in regards to System Availability and Effectiveness
- Oversee all efforts associated with team Risks, Opportunities, Availability
- Implement, Mature and manage all processes related to FRACAS, Fault Trees, FMECA, Failure Review Boards and Program Corrective Actions
- Implement Bit Review Board and mature Fault Diagnostics process
- Provide proposal Inputs for New Scope or extensions
- Support all major milestone reviews and Change Review Boards
- Support EVMS activities and provide work package status
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/ SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum5 years of experiencerelated to Low Observables or Reliability in Product Support.
- Minimum3 years of leadership experience
- Current and active DOD Secret clearance required. Must be able to obtain and maintain Special Program Access.
- Master's Degree.
- Current Top Secret clearance.
- Program Accessed.
- Prior military experience supporting/maintaining low observables platforms.
- 3 years experience managing/leading Engineering organization or Logistics Organization with 10+ personnel
- Pertinent industry experience troubleshooting and conducting Analysis on any of the following: Reliability, FRACAS, Fault Trees, Failure Reviews, Fault Diagnostics, Modeling and Analysis, Logistics Metrics, Supportable Low Observable, Engineering, Design Engineering, or Materials Engineering Field of systems and structures in an operational, production or flight test environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top