Mgr Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manager of Engineering to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Candidate must have a significant background in leading people and teams in high-paced demanding technical environment. Must be able to drive team to maintain schedule, cost and program goals. Will manage a diverse team of technician and engineers.
• The selected candidate will provide technical products and planning coordination for the Test IPT as the manager for the system under test.
• Will fill in as needed as the Cost Account Manager overseeing a substantial operating budget producing budgeting forecast and analysis
• Position will be the lead point of contact for direction article test team and will coordinate and oversee all maintenance and test activities for the system under test.
• Maintain and specify test article configurations and coordinate all test modifications.
• Ensures all test article activity authorization, schedules and assigns priorities.
• Coordinate with local and remote test facilities / ranges, other Special Projects IPT's, subcontractors, and government agencies.
• Verify all documentation for modifications, test activities, and test results performed on the test article.
• Report article status and provide detailed reports as required to Senior Management.
Position requires significant domestic travel to various location across the CONUS. Travel periods may be of significant duration.
Candidate must be willing to work extended shifts, weekends and holidays as required to meet program schedule and objectives.
- Bachelor of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience in Systems Test Environment
- Active In-Scope Secret Clearance (investigation within last 3 years) with ability to obtain special program access - This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Excellent communications skills to include ability to author technical reports and correspondence
- Significant experience in the developmental/operational test maintenance environment
- Experience briefing managers, senior program leadership and customers.
- Previous experience with team engagement and minimum of 7 years' experience in a leadership/management position.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top