Mgr Engineering 2
- El Segundo, CA
- Significant experience with Parts Management & Standardization programs, with a deep understanding of Government & Industry requirements for parts management & standardization, preferred parts lists, part specifications, part qualification, configuration control, quality control, non-conformances, obsolescence.
- Extensive product technology knowledge of highly-reliable mechanical parts, EEE components, design materials, parts application - from establishing requirements through product sustainment, including obsolescence.
- Ability to competently interact and negotiate with Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, Subcontractors, & Suppliers
- Competently interact with the core Engineering Tools - mCAD (e.g.UG, CATIA), eCAD (e.g. HarnesSys), PDM (e.g Teamcenter),
- Deep understanding of Standards documentation - Part Specs, Process Specs, Manufacturing & Assembly Requirements, Design Standards, Standard Notes,
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work with Programs and other organizations to resolve root cause of parts-related issues, whether technical or operational.
- Conversant in counterfeit prevention and material authenticity
- Systematically involved with Industry committees, e.g. committee chairman, etc.
- Demonstrated personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Success in setting clear expectations for the team and achieving expected results.
- Must be highly collaborative, working daily hand-in-hand with the East Coast Standards Engineering Manager and team. Two managers, one team, distributed.
- Knowledgeable about how to manage virtual teams as staff will be scattered across the country and supporting multiple programs simultaneously
- Highly responsive to customer and stakeholder needs. Excellent written and verbal communication. Experienced in conflict resolution. Excellent time management.
- Experience developing a vision for what & where the organization should be in 10-15 years.
- Demonstrated innovator - improve how the organization executes its SOW, improved efficiency and speed, without jeopardizing quality.
- Service the system/product Design Engineering community with part selection, application, and assembly/installation guidance through 1-on-1, design review, and peer review scenarios;
- Stand up new programs with preferred parts lists and part application guidance
- Service the Program's supply chain, internal manufacturing & assembly, and logistics/field support communities when Part/Standard product or process questions/issues arise;
- Define and maintain the internal Specs & Standards "catalog" of Fasteners and Application Manuals, mechanical Standards drawings & documentation, and related infrastructure (including PDM/PLM).
- Participate in industry standards committees and company anti-counterfeit initiatives
- Lead and participate in failure investigations and root cause analysis
- Candidate will be working across a variety of NG Aerospace Programs and Program phases. Position is predominately in El Segundo. Some travel required.
- BS degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- OCM/OEM work experience with part design, development, manufacture, and application
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of part selection & application at the system design level
- Extensive experience supporting aircraft production lines.
- Competence with Industry anti-counterfeit initiatives
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree
- Experience with large aircraft programs
- Strong relationships with Industry standards committees and working groups
- Strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- DoD Top Secret security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top