Mgr Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUplease keep reading.
The Manager will beassigned work in the Global Mission Excellence & Logistics organization responsible for the Supportable Low Observable (SLO) Team. Candidate will be responsible for establishing, monitoring and verifying subsystem Low Observable and R&M performance requirements for all design changes and new development efforts to ensure that program requirements are achieved. The primary responsibility of the position will be Supportable Low Observable and reliability, maintainability, and testability.
Experience is required in the following Essential Functions:
- Material Defect analysis
- Low observable trade studies
- Aircraft survivability analysis
- Support the development of teams in the investigation of issues
- Maintainability demonstrations
- Structural manufacturing processes
- Reliability and Maintainability Analyses
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers. The Candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff. Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies. Program Manager Responsibilities include: planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large delivery order or mid-size technical services-type contract.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and9 years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and5 years of engineering experience OR a PhD in STEM and 4 years of engineering experience.
- Experience in Low Observable Survivability and Reliability and Maintainability discipline
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance within last 5 years
- The ability to obtain program access
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering Degree
- Knowledge of Low Observable Survivability and Reliability and Maintainability discipline
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active, In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top