Mgr Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Section Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will manage engineers within the Parts, Materials, and Processes Department.
The Section Manager balances program technical demands for a majority of their time with people management. Most of their time, the Section Manager performs as an independent contributor and supports programs by providing engineering support during proposal, design, qualification, manufacturing, integration, test fielding of payloads, spacecraft, and aircraft.
The balance of their time, the Section manager is focused on leadership including people management (direction & coaching), program/project reviews, coordination of job assignments, staffing, recruiting, developing IRAD and process improvement plans, lab operations, as well as developing capital and equipment plans.
The Section Manager will report to the PM&P engineering Department Manager.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and a minimum of 5 years of full-time engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Practical working experience with supporting ongoing production or integration and test (I&T) activities
- Demonstrated knowledge in parts, materials and process selection, manufacturing support, failure analysis, and processing of materials for air or space hardware
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in a STEM field
- Strong background in EEE parts, materials, processes, radiation, chemistry
- Prior budget responsibility is desired
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background in the following technical discipline: macro-electronic design and assembly
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top