Mgr Engineering 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Engineering Manager 2 to provide objective-oriented direction and work assignment toa team of Engineers supporting aircraft depot maintenance repairs on the JSTARS program/function.
- Serve as manager of assigned staff with responsibilities to include hiring of employees, monitoring performance, administering disciplinary action, separation of employment, and resolution of employee related issues regarding assigned staff.
- Provide direct interface with Northrop Grumman's managers, directors and vice presidents. Coordinate the group's activity by providing technical support and guidance primarily supporting aircraft manufacturing personnel by development of repair concepts to address defects exceeding existing published Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) repair data.
- Develop well-defined Northrop Grumman statements of work from limited customer-provided data and aircraft specifications. Responsible for the engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) to substantiate engineering developed repairs.
- Provide proper distribution of tasks and labor to ensure that schedule and budgets are met.
- Interface with other Northrop Grumman departments to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met.
- Set department objectives, assign projects and evaluate group(s) work for content and conformity with customer and Northrop Grumman requirements.
- Maintain involvement in day-to-day Northrop Grumman operations to ensure that the highest level of engineering support is maintained at all times. Coordinate in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, or other outside agencies to promote and support Northrop Grumman's technical & commercial interests.
- Prepare and implement department operating and capital budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related scientific field and eight (8) years' experience in aircraft/aerospace engineering MRO repairs, commercial or military. Master's degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, or Business Administration and six (6) years' experience in aircraft/aerospace engineering MRO repairs, commercial or military
- Ability to obtain a secret DoD security clearance and able to maintain.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware, and proper applications in design.
- Must also possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D computer modeling, or other analytical substantiation techniques.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, service bulletins, etc.
- Must have the ability to manage, organize, and motivate people in technical positions.
- Must have superior oral, written and organizational skills that are easily applied to administration and management.
- Must and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work under pressure with a minimum level of supervision.
- Must be able to sit and work effectively in a standard office environment for extended periods of time.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, or Business Administration
Back to top