Mgr Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Section Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in Palmdale, CA and is part of the Space Propulsion, Fluid Systems, and Cryocoolers Department. The group’s charter is to maintain and evolve capabilities in air vehicle fluid systems technology that will continue to enable innovative solutions for our mission architectures.
Responsibilities include leading a team of 15-20 people who manage aircraft fluid systems architecture, analysis, and testing. Specific responsibilities include technical and managerial leadership, problem solving, business support/budget management, hiring/staffing, and other functional activities. The successful candidate is expected to spend their time managing their team as well as working directly on a variety of air vehicle technical programs.
The successful candidate must have experience working with diverse technical teams, and must also be experienced with the design, assembly and/or test of flight hardware. Experience with flight hardware acceptance testing and documentation is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) from an accredited institution
- Experience in Vehicle Engineering & Products processes and products throughout the program life cycle
- Demonstrated technical leadership and guidance to Vehicle Engineering & Products discipline areas, focused on the design, assembly, and/or test of aircraft fluid subsystems
- General understanding of all NGAS Engineering Processes
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain SAP/SAR access
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience in supplier management
- Experience directly managing or leading engineering teams
- SAP/SAR access preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top