Mgr Engineering 2
- Plymouth, MN
Armament Systems, a Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Defense Systems, is seeking an Engineering Manager 2, in ourfacility in Plymouth, MN.
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Northrop Grumman (NGC) Armament Systems is a leading innovator and producer of advanced weapons that provide the warfighter superior battlefield capabilities. The division specializes in creating low-cost, highly reliable and precise munitions for artillery and mortar systems and is a world leader in developing and producing tactical and training ammunition for medium and large caliber weapon platforms. Armament Systems also creates systems that protect soldiers on the battlefield and reduce collateral damage.
As an Engineering Manager 2 in the Production Engineering Group, you will be responsible for the production engineering lead and may also be a technical lead, technical contributor, or occasional technical consultant on various projects. You will be responsible for growing and managing a production team, process, and tools as well as directing and/or working with other engineers, technicians, functional managers, program managers and administrative personnel to accomplish your objectives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the right people, processes, and tools are in place to meet the business needs
- Oversee the supervision of day-to-day engineering activity and work products, expense management, workload management, and performance and compensation management process.
- Identify, manage and grow the critical skills development process for the production team. Identify and/or lead continuous improvement activities within the department.
- Key contributor on DoD production programs, managing assigned responsibilities and directing the work of other engineers, technicians and administrative personnel to accomplish program goals.
- Management of cost and schedule for assigned projects.
- Presentation of assigned work at program technical reviews, proposals, or other technical meetings.
- Prepare, review, and approve cost estimates and written or oral technical proposals.
- Support technical product issues in production.
- Oversight of fabrication and testing of components and assemblies related to defense-related products.
- BS in Engineering is required, preferably Mechanical or Aerospace.
- 2+ years project, program, or people leadership experience.
- 8+ years of directly related production experience.
- Strong leadership, influence, and project management skills
- Ability to network and negotiate at all levels within an organization in order to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong mechanical skills and exposure to a factory environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project).
- This position will require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with vendors.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
Back to top