Mgr Engineering 1
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Level 1 Structural Test Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, Ca.
Title: Structural Test Supervisor / Manager 1 / Functional Manager
The Specialty Test Team at PAICoE is looking for Structural Test Supervisor / Manager 1 who will be responsible for the daily operations of a Specialty Test team. Will directly responsible for provide supervision of the team, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs. This selected candidate will monitor work operations non-exempt employees on a daily basis and actively assisting and provides direction to subordinates as required. Additional the selected candidate will execute department procedures that typically affect individual employees within this department and Ensures that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules.
As the Structural Test Supervisor/Manager 1 will lead a technician team through Large Scale Structural Testing. This position requires a well-rounded confident and resourceful individual. The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, be results oriented and be capable of supervise and managing multiple variety of assignments in a dual role as a Functional Homeroom and Technical supervisor.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following.
Structural Test Engineer Manager 1 / Supervisor:
- Supervise Work Packages.
- Cost and Schedule, including EVMS reporting
- Ensure that all products are developed and final deliveries meet all negotiated requirements
- Day to day Test supervision, planning and execution.
- Resource planning and Talent allocation.
- Prioritize and de-conflict schedule as well as resources.
- Ensure customer coordination for both baseline SOW execution and future growth
- Oversee and ensure test execution, objective and requirements compliance as well as data validity.
- Test Stand (hardware) development, design and build lead / oversee hardware development.
- Coordinate vendor visits and technical interchange meetings.
Functional Manager Duties for non-exempt employees included but not limited to:
- Maintain a talent transfer and a critical skills sustainability plan.
- Supports the annual salary review and promotion process
- Sets development as well as performance goals and provides regular feedback to employees.
- Develop and foster an environment that promotes teamwork and Work Life Balance.
- Drive process rigor, and ensures compliance to meet company, program and security requirements
- Collaborates with programs to satisfy staffing needs and provide operations support (metrics collection and analysis, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field
- A current DoD Secret level security clearance, to include a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years and the ability to obtain and maintain a Special Program Access (PAR).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- A current Top Secret/SCI level security clearance with Special Program Access.
- Experience with SIT&E processes and procedures to support both management and engineering tasks with Automated Test Experience
- Familiarity with current programs across NGC AS Sector
- 5 years of experience in structural test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top