Mgr Electronics Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Weare looking for Payload E Power Electronicslead for the AMP program.
This individual will be leading a multi-disciplined Payload-E Power Converter Team in the management and execution of the baseline design/development, subcontract management, manufacturing and test of the complex high performance Power Converter portfolio for multiple shipsets of flight hardware. Disciplines will include power and control engineering, mixed signal design, product design, sub-contract management, and production.
The duties will include:
- Manage a cross-functional engineering team of 50+ people, including engineers, production, and support staff
- Managing and executing the cost, schedule and technical baselines
- Managing and leading the development of the power converter architecture and detailed design of technologies such as power design, mixed signal ASICs, high density printed wiring boards, and high density packaging
- Overseeing the management of multiple suppliers for key components
- Leading strategies for future power converter enhancements and improvements, with focus on affordability
- Position will require extensive interface and coordination with program management, customer counterparts, and contractor boundaries
- Securing RFPs, leading & preparing proposals, and baseline planning for new activities
- Identifying and realizing opportunities to reduce cost and improve processes; maintain & evolvepower converter hardware cost models
- Representing Payload-E Power Converter team with frequent customer, supplier, program and functional leadership interaction.
- Meeting all security, organizational conflict of interest, export control, protection of proprietary information, and risk and opportunity management processes
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers"
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM Degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience
- Active SCI clearance
- Strong technical and manufacturing background in both electronics and mechanical products
- Knowledge and competence in EVMS for program performance tracking
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in developing and buildingspace qualified hardware
- Working knowledge ofspace requirements
- Risk & Opportunity Management process experience
- Working knowledge with MRB/FRB process
- Contractual and technical requirements experience
- Drive affordability into program execution to gain efficiencies during program execution
- Working knowledge with NG business systems (Solumina, MRP/SAP) to optimize operational efficiencies
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top