Mgr Electronics Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Smallsats and Advanced Systems (SAS) Program Manager (PM) for a restricted small satellite program.
As the Program Manager, you will oversee a highly multi-disciplinary set of IPTs consisting of Mission SE, Comms SE, Space Vehicle Engineering, RF, Digital, Antenna and Ground and will oversee C&SM, S/Cs, Contracts and Staffing and be responsible for transition roadmapping in collaboration with Mission 1 personnel. You will also be responsible for numerous subcontract relationships, interface directly with the customer and SETAs, as well as coordinate reviews providing periodic technical / financial status to the customer and management. In addition to leading the 9 month first Phase effort, you will also lead the capture of the follow-on Phase which is a 24-month small satellite demonstration with a restricted customer.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience indigital or power electronics
- Active SCI DoD clearance
- Program technical leadership experience
- Experience leading atechnical team toward successful product delivery
- Experience in program execution anddemonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones
- Hands-on knowledge of programmatic/CAM processes, project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, EVMS, staffing, coordination and oversight of technical work effort
-Knowledge of end-to-end program lifecycle
- Hands-on experience in managing one phase of a technical program through delivery of a product
- Proven partnership/collaboration skills
- Proven ability to partner with cross IPTs/cross disciplines within a team
- Master's degree in an engineering or technical discipline preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) across all levels of the organization
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top