Mgr Electronics Engineering 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
The Digital, Power and Controlorganization within Research, Technology and Engineering (RT&E)is searching for qualified candidates to fill the Department Manager position for the Digital ASIC and FPGA Department. Responsibilities include leading a 100+ person organization whose focus is on the development of FPGA and ASIC Electronics for Space and Airborne Systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, all aspects of functional management including membership and participation in Process Working Groups, product development, proposal support, staffing and recruiting, performance management, mentoring /people development, ensuring excellent program performance via process compliance and reviews, developing and improving key department processes, collecting and reporting associated metrics, managing capital and indirect budgets, and coordinating with other organizations across Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems. The position reports to the Digital, Power and ControlCenter Director.
The role will have broad exposure to other product/process areas across Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems and will require a demonstrated ability to work with multiple disciplines to ensure the successful development& insertion of key ASIC and FPGA technologies in an increasingly cost-competitive environment. You will be required to interface seamlessly with Northrop Grumman senior management, energize teams; project a friendly, positive attitude that promotes employee engagement and work cooperatively in a dynamic environment where change is the norm.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM field
- Atminimum of 7 years of electrical engineering experience, including at least 1 year of recent (within the last 5 years) experience as a manager or lead of an engineering team
- Experience in developing ASIC, FPGA, digital boards, or units
- Active SCI access
- Proven technical, program or functional leadership experience
- Experience in collaborating with employees within a department and across functional areas
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex issues, independently formulate analysis and proposed solutions, lead people, manage complex activities, manage risks and opportunities, present / brief issues to leadership, and represent the company well to customers and business partners
- Master's or PhD Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Recognition within the broader organization as a Subject Matter Expert, Responsible Design Engineer or Integrated Product Team Lead for ASIC and FPGA Electronics for Space Systems
- Experience as a functional manager
- Demonstrated ability to create a collaborative, engaging working environment
- An ability to manage and balance competing interests/priorities
- Experienced in product development, proposal support, managing capital and indirect budgets
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top