Mgr Electronics Engineering 2 (P&C Section Manager)
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that have an effect on people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture grows with intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Section/Functional Manager in Electronics and Payloads Center of Excellence's Power and Control Products Department in our Redondo Beach, CA location.
Power and Control Products Department is an organization of 100 plus engineers and technicians that develops power electronics/subsystems, power converters, control electronics, frequency sources, power and control ASICs for a variety of space and air programs. You will possess the project management skills to lead all phases of hardware development, from proposal and costing, requirements derivation, design, fabrication, assembly, and testing of units, modules and boards, with roles ranging from individual contribution to leadership of design teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise/manage the staff
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Career development and mentoring
- Lead projects and task assigned to the organizational group performed by direct reports
- Assist in meeting schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems
- Execute department procedures that typically affect individual employees within own department
- Function as an advisor to programs regarding tasks, projects, and operations
- Conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives
- Possess strong leadership, communication, program collaboration, and people development skills.
Back to top