Mgr Electronics Engineering 2 (P&C Section Manager)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that have an effect on people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture grows with intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Section/Functional Manager in Electronics and Payloads Center of Excellence's Power and Control Products Department in our Redondo Beach, CA location.
Power and Control Products Department is an organization of 100 plus engineers and technicians that develops power electronics/subsystems, power converters, control electronics, frequency sources, power and control ASICs for a variety of space and air programs. You will possess the project management skills to lead all phases of hardware development, from proposal and costing, requirements derivation, design, fabrication, assembly, and testing of units, modules and boards, with roles ranging from individual contribution to leadership of design teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise/manage the staff
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Career development and mentoring
- Lead projects and task assigned to the organizational group performed by direct reports
- Assist in meeting schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems
- Execute department procedures that typically affect individual employees within own department
- Function as an advisor to programs regarding tasks, projects, and operations
- Conduct briefings and participate in technical meetings for internal and external representatives
- Possess strong leadership, communication, program collaboration, and people development skills.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in power or mixed signal electronics design
- Experience leading a team of >5 employees
- Strong team building and partnership skills
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Knowledge of Functional Homeroom processes (e.g., Staffing, Processes, Metrics, Training)
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- A Master of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline.
- Knowledge of Power or Mixed Signal unit/slice/board design and development
- Familiarity with NGAS technical & administrative processes and procedures is highly desired;
- Experience in Power CMOS ASIC design and simulation
- Experience in mixed signal modeling and simulation tools (PSpice, Simetrix, Mathcad)
- Experience supporting proposal activities
- Mixed Signal Electronics circuit design and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with requirements development, system integration, and flight/production test activities.
- CAM/EVMS experience
- SSBI Clearance highly desirable
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top