Mgr Electronics Engineering 2
Here at Northrop Grumman we developed the B-2 Bomber, Global Hawk surveillance system, James Webb Space Telescope, and dozens of other leading edge systems. Just imagine what we're working on now! The Palmdale Lab Operations, Engineering and Test Department is looking for a passionate and dedicated Avionics System Test Section Manager to join our Oklahoma City, OK team. Our Mission System Test Section Manager will manage a team of system test engineers that verify subsystem and system level hardware and software functionality for the B-2 Stealth Bomber.
This statement of work is performed within our Oklahoma City labs. Are you ready for a new challenge and interested in support the future of technology at Northrop Grumman? If yes, then this position is for you. This position is to manage a group of Avionics Subsystem Integration and Test Engineers and Conductors that write test procedures and test scripts. This person will manage a group of 7 to 15 engineers on the B2 Program and will be responsible for maintaining and updating the B-2 test process, as necessary. The position will be expected to manage scope/effort and build task assessments as well as bidding on new projects.
This position will require occasional travel, shift work and overtime.
You will be responsible and accountable to manage day-to-day operation of the functional organization.
You will be responsible to manage earned value and build task assessments on new projects.
Ongoing tasking includes, but is not limited to, decisions regarding awards, performance evaluations, salary review process, staffing, employee movement between programs, balancing resources among programs, employee development and mentoring, ensuring proper charging practices are followed, meeting indirect budget targets, and interpreting higher level guidance for implementation within the organization.
- Position requires a STEM degree with 5 years of technical experience relating to system engineering, software engineering, or integration and test
- Able to lead coordination efforts
- Candidate must have an active DoD Secret and a background investigation within the scope of six years.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Able to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- Ability to analyze data and extract trends, anomalies, and errors
- 9 years or more technical experience
- Earned Value Management System experience
- Work Package Management or Cost Account Management experience
- Familiarity with Agile development and Continuous Integration process
- Experience managing a direct report staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop and flow down enterprise goals
- Experience managing integration and test effort from multiple concurrent programs
- Lead Technical experience in avionics integration and test
- Knowledge of NGC and/or B-2 engineering processes.
- Knowledge of ClearCase, DOORs, Twister, and START.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top