Mgr Electronics Engineering 2

At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.

As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.

Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is currently seeking a Digital Products Section Head in Electronics Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This role will be based in Manhattan Beach, California.

The candidate will be responsible for leading a 12-15 person organization. This is a full time position with20% time spent performing functional management and the remaining 80% time spent doing technical engineering work in Digital Products.

Essential Functions:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Digital Products Section including employee development & mentoring, performance management, personnel recruiting & retention, staffing, communications, technical support to programs and technology/business development efforts.
- Possess strong initiative, a demonstrated ability to multiplex in a dynamic environment, a responsive attitude and a proven ability to balance competing program and functional demands.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a collaborative, engaging working environment, and an ability to manage competing interests/priorities are highly desirable.

The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.

To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video:
http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo

ASMGMT
Basic Qualifications:

- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
- Must have experience with the overall spacecraft and payload development process
-Able to obtain and maintaina U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret levelor SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).

Preferred Qualifications:

- BSEE Degree
- Master's degree in a STEM related field
- Specific domain knowledge in the development of digital hardware, related tools and verification methodologies required
- Recognition as a digital hardware Subject Matter Expert
-Active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, ORan active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.

Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.


Back to top