Mgr Electrical Engineering 2 - Space Vehicle Integration Electrical Design Section Manager
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division is seeking section managers for Space Vehicle Integration Electrical Design (Sp-VIED) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The Sp-VIED section manager reports to the Department Manager of Vehicle Integration Electrical Design within the Vehicle Integration and Subsystems (VI&S) Center of Excellence. Up to 20% of the section manager's time will be spent performing leadership, people management, and supervisory duties such as management of personnel (direction & coaching), program/project reviews, coordination of job assignments, staffing, recruiting, timecard approval, performance reviews, and process improvement activities. In addition, the individual will support business development activities, proposals, and design reviews in support of the section.
The balance of the SM's time (80%+) will be spent providing engineering support in the areas of Electrical Power Subsystem Engineering (including Solar Array and Battery), Electrical Design Integration, Command & Telemetry Database, and/or Cable & Harness Engineering to various Space Park programs located or based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, and/or technical degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of experience in the Aerospace Engineering Field; OR Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics and/or technical degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 7 years of experience in the Aerospace Engineering Field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance at SCI or TS/SSBI level.
- Active SCI or TS/SSBI clearance
- Prior engineering team lead experience
- Previous experience with space vehicle electrical power subsytems (including photovoltaic and battery engineering), electrical design integration, command & telemetry database, and/or cable & harness engineering.
Back to top