Mgr Electrical Engineering 2 - Space Electrical Power Subsystem Section Manager
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Sector is seeking a section manager (SM) for Space Electrical Power Subsystems (EPS) (including Photovoltaic and Battery Engineering) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
As the Space EPS SM reporting to the Department Manager of Vehicle Integration Electrical Design within the Vehicle Integration and Subsystems (VI&S) Center of Excellence, up to 20% of the SM's time will be spent performing leadership, people management, and supervisory duties such as management of personnel (direction & coaching), program/project reviews, coordination of job assignments, staffing, recruiting, timecard approval, performance reviews, and process improvement activities. In addition, the individual will support business development activities, proposals, and design reviews in support of the section. The balance of the SM's time (80%+) will be spent providing engineering support to various space vehicle programs located or based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or technical degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of experience in the Aerospace Engineering Field; OR Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering and/or technical degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 7 years of experience in the Aerospace Engineering Field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance at SCI or TS/SSBI clearance
- Active SCI or TS/SSBI clearance
- Prior engineering team lead experience
- Previous experience with space vehicle electrical power subsystems, space photovoltaic and battery engineering
Back to top