Mgr Electrical Engineering 2
- Woodland Hills, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an Electrical Engineering Manager 2 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
- Manage/Oversee the engineering design, development, and transition to production of hardware subsystems used in inertial navigation systems.
- Interface to the Hardware Engineering Department Manager to coordinate staffing requirements and ensure proper skill mix to support program activities
- Conduct performance and salary reviews.
- Mentor and challenge team members to develop skills and provide Career planning/development paths.
- Develop and implement strong processes with emphasis on quantitative management and continuous improvement.
- Provide management guidance to achieve outstanding cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Responsible for technical guidance and oversight in developing technical and cost proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline with 9 years of relevant experience; Master's degree with 7 years of relevant experience; 4 years with a PhD
- A proven track record of leading a team of engineers and of establishing strong relationships with other functional organizations and Program Offices.
- Experience managing a team on a technical development effort or technical production support.
- Experience with generating or reviewing cost estimates/basis of estimates (BOEs).
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Master's Degree in a technical field with 7 years of experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment.
- Technical project management with budget experience.
- Experience in bid and proposal development.
- Knowledge of engineering planning, scheduling, metrics, earned value systems, and workload forecasting.
- Technical experience in avionics or guidance and navigation control systems.
- Current Top Secret level security clearance.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top