Mgr Electrical Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manager Electrical Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
Candidate will be responsible for functional management of the mixed signal and power engineering group encompassing analog, mixed signal, and power component and system design, analysis and test areas within the Hardware Engineering organization. The group is also in the process of adding a control systems capability. The selected candidate will be responsible for deployment of resources to programs, maintaining department processes, customer interfaces, mentoring, performance evaluation, coordinating activities and career development of department members. Position requires approximately 80% direct support to one of the IR or MMW space programs and 20% support for functional management.
For this specific engineering position, the successful applicant will require technical understanding and experience in design, analysis, integration & test of analog, mixed signal, and power circuits and subsystems, and anomaly investigation as well as experience with space-borne hardware design and producibility. Candidate should have a strong project management experience in team environment, including formal cost account management.
Candidate will interface with multiple disciplines such as program management, electrical, mechanical and system engineering, procurement, subcontractors and manufacturing. Specific assignment may include one or more of the following: analog and power and mixed signal design; circuit, subsystem, or interface design, performing design analysis and/or leading the product development team; remote sensing and IR/visible focal planes. The candidate must be capable of designing to requirement specifications, performing trade studies, and generating design documents.
Team engagement and diversity characterize a key focus of fostering best culture for our employees. The ability to mentor, provide career guidance and coaching, and to lead others is required. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator with the ability to connect to direct reports on multiple levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Leadership of project and/or tiger teams
- Master's or PhD in closely related Engineering or Science discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience developing and delivering analog, mixed signal, and power systems.
- Experience with data acquisition (DAS), communications systems (COMM), component/part design (expert in at least one of these three), formal anomaly investigation and troubleshooting experience (FRACAS, RCA&CA, FRB).
- Expert in one of the following disciplines: analog and power circuit design, test, and analysis; focal plane interface and signal conditioning; data acquisition system design, test, and analysis; distributed power subsystem design, test, and analysis; embedded controller modeling and design; model based/driven engineering (MBE or MDE); electrical design integration (EDI); feedback control systems and servos.
- Successful track record as CAM and/or lead for an Integrated Product Team (IPT).
- Familiarity with analog, mixed signal, and power design & analysis processes for DOD space programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent organization skills.
- Proficiency in analog, mixed signal, power circuit and/or subsystem design, data acquisition, communications systems, or component design (expert in at least one of these six), formal anomaly investigation and troubleshooting experience (FRACAS, RCA&CA, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tool suite.
- Familiarity with analog, mixed signal, and/or power CAE tools.
- Familiarity with use of lab instruments such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and signal generator.
- Demonstrated leadership of diverse/inclusive teams.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a iverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top