Mgr Electrical Engineering 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at the Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) Operating Unit. This position will be located in San Diego, CA
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is one of the Operating Units in the Airborne C4ISR Systems Division of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector. ATN is the nation's sole provider of integrated Communications, Navigation and Identification (CNI) systems to the world's premier fighter aircraft – the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning. ATN also provides trusted, high data rate communication solutions for the nation's senior leaders. Our team of communication systems experts is additionally developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of IED countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way. We are headquartered in the purpose built Rancho Carmel and Spectrum Center facilities in San Diego, California.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Electrical Engineering Manager 1 will report to the PWB Design Manager and will provide technical leadership and functional management for 8 -12 PCB Design Engineers and ECAD Librarians. Time will be split 80% direct charge technical activities and 20% functional management activities. Duties include technical direction, mentoring, performance evaluation, and career development of team members. Responsibilities include coordinating design schedules with projects, design engineers and management, monitoring and documenting design cycles, and metrics gathering. Implement CAD tools of today that verify signal integrity simulation while evolving routing practices and high-speed layout philosophies. Will participate in engineering staffing and recruiting, process improvement activities and training.
Essential responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Working closely with the IPT leads and program managers as well, as and fellow department managers, to match engineering talent to programs.
- Building a culture that empowers and motivates team performance, and share accountability for performance with the programs and new business initiatives.
- Ensuring successful planning and execution of program manpower needs across the program life cycle.
- Working with engineers to define their Talent goals, and work with programs to provide performance feedback relative to those goals
- Participating in the annual compensation process.
- Developing the next generation of engineering leadership.
- Driving process improvement initiatives.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a Manager level 1:
9 Years with Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 9 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product design and development in a technical leadership capacity
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the board design and fabrication process.
- Able to develop CAD tool set that supports RF, Mixed Signal, and Digital high-speed board design.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Candidates with previous cutting edge experience in an advanced technology development environment
- Previous classroom or on the job experience with one or more of the following tools; Mentor Board Station and Expedition Schematic/Layout , Valor Enterprise
- Prior experience as a PWB manager. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be willing to work extended hours as needed.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top