Mgr Cyber Systems Engrng 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate with outstanding leadership skills to lead a team of Cyber Engineers within the existing Cyber System Engineering (CSE) organization across Northrop Grumman products. The candidate will work in an agile environment implementing innovation systems written in Java to support customer mission goals and improve existing systems and processes.
Emphasis is placed on LEADERSHIP with focus on growth of the organization to meet both current and future mission needs. The candidate must also possess strong people development, organizational, and communications skills, and the ability to multi-task and transition quickly between tasks and programs, or program and functional responsibilities.
This is a dual-role manager position, involving both performance of individual productive work on a program or several programs and functional personnel management. Direct program work may include technical work, IPT leadership, consulting, or any other appropriate technical function to include Design Reviews and other Customer/Prime interactions.
Functional management duties includes: yearly goal setting; review and evaluation of employee performance; compensation planning; hiring/recruiting; workload forecasting; employee skill development and career growth; monitoring of compliance with department processes and company values; providing team leadership and engagement; and approving time charging. Additional duties include interacting with business divisions to coordinate staffing and other program support (e.g. proposal support, proposal reviews, design reviews, customer meetings). It is anticipated that given the size of team (~8-15 Engineers), the split between functional and program duties will be approximately 80/20, on average.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline including and not limited to computer science, data science, information systems, science, engineering, math, or aerospace.
- Leadership experience and strong communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and databases. Hands on system engineering or signals intelligence experience.
- Experience performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness or analyses of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Knowledge of ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Knowledge of performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) along with 2 or more years of system engineering experience.
Broad technical and MBSE experience, across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle. techniques; requirements management, architecture design, interface control and verification; trade studies and analysis of alternatives; development of end to end solutions.
Technical expertise in NiFi, DevOPS, Java, or Python
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top