Mgr Cyber Architect 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager position with EM&S Eastern Region with the Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) Domain for Architect. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
These positions are specifically located in the following locations:
Annapolis Junction, MD
- Candidate will need the ability to travel between these two offices on a regular basis.
Team Leadership and Management: Responsible include staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs. The responsibilities include the recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for the contractors working in this discipline and geographic area.
Team Technical Performance: Responsibilities also include support and adherence to standard software processes, the oversight of cost, schedule, and technical quality for software system development as well as software performance on various types of development and maintenance contracts with in this discipline and geographic area.
The position requires the leader to communicate not just with CIMS Program managers, but also with other SE department managers, as well as the CIMS Business Facing organization. Consequently, excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines in and out of the Eastern region, program directors and program managers.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Candidate must possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s of Science degree in a technical area and a 10 years’ experience in software, hardware, network or systems engineering. The candidate must have experience in leading systems engineering teams or IPTs in either in the development of new capabilities or maintaining current system (or SoS) capabilities (O&M or sustainment). The candidate must have experience translating requirements into design baselines.
- Must be experienced in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through retirement and a working familiarity with CMMI, ISO 9001, AS9100 and ISO 15288. Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills. High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and with an active Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and have or be able to obtain and maintain a Polygraph.
- Ability to travel between the Maryland (Annapolis Junction) and Virginia offices on a regular basis is required.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical area.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- Certified in one (or more) of the following
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (Certified Level) is strongly preferred
- DoD 8140 Level 3 certified
- PMI PMP Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top