Mgr, Contract Administration 1 / Secret / Interim Secret
- Warner Robins, GA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems Sector is wanting you to join us as a Contract Administration Manager 1 in Warner Robins, GA.
You will provide senior level pre and post-award contracts administration while also managing a group of Contract Administrator(s) within the Systems Sustainment and Software Business Unit. This position plays a critical role in the success of the organization.
You will administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and non-standard contracts. You will be self-motivated and have the ability to handle urgent situations in a very busy program environment. This position will require a candidate who can manage a staff and their workload and positively influence team members in order to maximize their efforts toward achieving program goals.
Your responsibilities include:
• Conducting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
• Examining performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Processing specifications, progress, and other reports; advising management of contractual rights and obligations; compiling and analyzing data; and maintaining historical information.
• Daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, etc.) and will provide direction to subordinates, as required, using established policies and precedents.
• Primary interface with Government contracting officers as well as other Government representatives relative to contractual issues.
• Ensures compliant deliverables for all contracts assigned to the operational unit. The candidate may also conduct briefings for internal and external customers.
• Manage a staff of 4-6 contract administrators.
• Provides direction to subordinates using established policies and precedents.
• Ensures that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules.
• Prepare performance reviews, monitor training, allocate workload.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
1. Bachelor's degree in a general area of study and a minimum of 6 relevant experience with Department of Defense contracting to include various contract types e.g., IDIQ type programs or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
2. Knowledge of international contracting, i.e., DCS and FMS, including ITAR
3. Knowledge of contract pricing principles, and the ability to apply sound judgment to proposal strategy, contract formation and customer relationships
4. Experience in working with internal and external stakeholders e.g., program management, subcontracts, business management, and supply chain management, to achieve contract execution
5. Working knowledge of and experience with FAR and DFARS; this includes experience with interpretation and compliance to FARS and DFARS
6. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills in dealing with competing priorities, deadlines, and in handling multiple tasks
7. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
8. Experience managing a group of contract administrators
9. Ability to obtain/maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
10. Ability to obtain/maintain access to work at the Warner Robins Facility.
1. Experience with production and systems development programs
2. Experience managing a staff of contract administrators
3. Experience supporting Commercial Aircraft or Military Commercial Derivative Aircraft e.g., supporting aircraft logistics, maintenance, repair, or overhaul contracts
4. National Contract Management Association - Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
5. A current Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top