Mgr Contract Admin 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Propulsion System Division is seeking a Sr. Manager, Contracts to lead a Business Segment Contracts team (Hypersonic Programs). The Sr. Manager, Contracts is responsible for leading, strategizing, and conducting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities to provide and ensure proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer requirements. The lead will also oversee and direct the daily activities of Contracts employees engaged in these activities.
This position will be located at our Bacchus facility in Magna Utah.
- Responsible for highly effective internal/external customer contractual relations for a business segment
- Responsible for the effective review, negotiation, management, and closeout of contracts
- Responsible for the effective strategy, coordination, pricing, approval, submittal, and negotiation of proposals
- Primary responsibility for effective customer negotiations of contract scope, price, terms, and conditions
- Provide advice and counsel to senior leadership on contractual rights/obligations and interpretation of terms and conditions, as well as methods for change, risk assessment and mitigation, and cash management
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple moderately complex contracts and contract actions simultaneously that may involve significant risk with little consultation with management
- Work under general supervision while using sound judgment to develop creative solutions to both routine and complex contractual matters while ensuring business unit compliance with customer requirements and company policies,
- Must be able to serve as an example and mentor to 2-3 direct reports, professionally lead and direct the daily activities of the contracts management employees, and delegate work assignments; to ensure compliance, accuracy, and accomplish timely work assignment completion
- Lead and/or participate in team building with internal functions (e.g. Program Management, Finance, Engineering, Safety and Mission Assurance, Supply Chain Management and Business Development)
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, or related field; an advanced degree (MBA) is highly desired; NCMA certification is a plus
- Minimum - BS Degree in business or related field, and ten years of experience, or an MS Degree and eight years of experience in contracts administration within an aerospace environment
- Demonstrated successful skills for proposal development and pricing, risk identification, contract negotiation, customer liaison, budgeting/cost control
- Experience and knowledge in understanding and interpreting FAR/DFAR, CAS, and government contracting
- Demonstrated proactive team player who possesses excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent decision making skills supporting resolution of complex problems while minimizing risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines and work with all levels of employees
- Ability to obtain/maintaina government classified security clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top