Mgr Capture Management 3
This manager will be responsible for the overall growth and capture of the Avionics and Tactical Network (A&TN) Operating Unit. This individual will report to the Director, Programs for the A&TN OU and will provide overarching, day to day leadership of the organizational strategies, captures, pursuits, proposals and associated resources - specifically the OU B&P, M&S and IRAD planning and budgets. The individual will also provide support and guidance to the various capture managers and other cross functional teams working major captures. Looking for a self-starter with the initiative to drive the business coupled with sound judgment. This individual should be experienced in all aspects of the program lifecycle, with special focus and knowledge of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP), strategic planning, and government procurements. The role will have significant interface with a variety of government customers, Prime Contractors, as well as internal Northrop Grumman leadership within the Sector, Division, and BU. The successful candidate will be able to engage and lead diverse teams to perform effective trade off analyses in line with the business strategy, and work seamlessly in a fast paced, diverse organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Capture Manager leads all phases of the capture from inception through award (Long Term Planning to Post - Award):
- Plays a key change leadership role in the company's transformation by creating a culture of growth, innovation and balanced risk taking
- Lead a team of Capture Managers within the OU, providing oversight and guidance
- Leads the development and implementation of capture strategies and business plans
- Leads the development and execution of capture plans that meet the capture objectives for cost, schedule, technical, and risk/opportunity
- Supports the development of supplier and teammate strategy, agreements, and work share
- Leads and helps implement the OU Strategic Plan
- Leads the development and implementation of OU international opportunities
- As appropriate, acts as customer contact for capture activities, leading sessions with customer to develop customer rapport, build confidence and shape the acquisition
- Aligns design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test with the
business area roadmaps.
- Establish and manage the OU NCTA resources in alignment with the strategic plan and AOP
Additional Manager responsibilities include:
- Establishes strong business relationships with client leadership teams and create effective partnerships across functions
including business management, Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics as well as other Profit & Loss organizations
- Proactively identifies trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with
peers, division and matrix leadership, COE and regional/division HR business leaders
Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to enable good business decisions
- Provide day-to-day people leadership of team and create an environment that accelerates development of talent;
apply rigorous knowledge management to capture learning, drive continuous improvement, and enhance employee
- Role model for leadership characteristics and assist in driving business growth from an organization and talent perspective.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a similar technical field
- 10 years of experience in Capture Management and/or Program Management, including development programs
- Significant, demonstrated familiarity with Business Acquisition Process (BAP) and Strategic Planning
- Demonstrated ability to develop Capture Plans
- Demonstrated ability to lead proposals and proposal teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Experience with DoD customer and international customer engagement
- Requires strong decision making skills and the ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and continuous change.
- Candidate may be required to travel at least 10% - 20% of the time.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Master's degree in Engineering or Management
- Significant experience in government acquisition, processes, operational CONOPs
- Technical background and experience in communications products, data links, counter communication
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top