Mgr CA and PTW 3
Space ISR Division has a Competitive Assessment (CA)/Position to Win (PTW) position to support new business pursuits, along with supporting strategic development and planning activities in support of internal customers as part of the Sector Business Development team. The position requires the blend of technical, finance, business development, proposal, team building and critical thinking skills to be successful.
The candidate selected for this position will perform analysis in the areas of product preferences, potentials, sales coverage, market size, competitor assessments, marketing practices, customer gaps and requirements, and trends. The role researches and analyzes market conditions to determine potential sales of a product or service and the suitability of competitive offerings to meet customer requirements. The candidate will also assesses market trends, competitors approaches to pricing, key price components, notional solutions and derives competitor likely prices for key opportunities.
The candidate will develop and analyze open source competitor pricing data and program award values to derive bidding tendencies for competitors. They will conduct program funding research to determine customer total and addressable budgets / award tendencies for key opportunities. Further, they will develop mathematical models of competitors' likely bid strategy with war-gaming flexibility, to determine competitors price to bid. May compile and analyze statistical data on past sales and trends to forecast future trends and state-of-the-art changes. The candidate will inform leadership on competitive positioning making recommendations based on the analysis of the market conditions, customer preferences and competitive environment. Using industry standard metrics or parametric model data, they will allocates costs across program functional areas and produces a competitor's bottoms up price to win range. The candidate prepares and recommends price to bid as well as design to cost target. The candidate will be required, on a regular basis, to make formal and informal presentations to senior level and executive management and must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and communicate effectively. In addition, the candidate must be able to lead various teams ranging from low level engineers and managers to executive level teams, in an effort to develop competitor win strategies and internal Northrop Grumman counter strategies.
This position can be located in Baltimore, MD or Fair Lakes, VA.
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 7 years experience directly related to this position
* 4+ years new business capture experience with DoD acquisitions at various levels and roles.
* DoD Industry Knowledge (technical experience)
* Experience with open source research and analysis
* E xperience in using Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
* Highly motivated, have exceptional communications skills (both oral and written) as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
* Current active Secret clearance required to start
* Current TS/SCI clearance
* Experience in Cost Proposal Management highly desired
* Familiarity with SEER-SEM, COCOMO, Function Point Analysis or other Software tools
* Familiarity with SEER-H or other Hardware pricing tools
* E xperience in Cost Modeling and /or Basis of Estimate Preparation
* Understanding of Cost Parametric used for Systems Development ( hardware & software), Systems Integration (hardware & software), and Services (labor intense)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top