Mgr Business Management 2 - JSTARS
- Lake Charles, LA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to apply your managerial experience at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems Sector is seeking a Business Management Manager for the JSTARS Program. This position will be located in Lake Charles, LA.
You will partner with the Program Managers for our JSTARS to manage all financial aspects to achieve the financial and strategic objectives. You will be responsible for developing the long-range strategic plan of certain programs and annual operating plan. You will promote the professional development of the business management workforce and foster a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
You will lead a business management team with responsibility to orchestrate all business management functions including proposal development, program planning & financial control, financial planning, program scheduling, direct and indirect rate management, etc. You will use your broad experience in financial planning and analysis, program finance, variance analysis, and strategic planning.
You will oversee forecasting, work authorization, EACs/ETCs, Indicated Finals, financial reporting, etc.
You will be responsible for the daily operations of a team (direct supervision of the staff to include job requirements, schedules, etc and provide direction to subordinates using established policies and procedures)
You will maintain the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics. The position requires some travel.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
1. A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 of direct relevant experience, or a Master's degree with 8 years relevant experience.
2. A minimum of 3 years' experience a Mgr in Business Management.
3. Experience developing LRSP and AOP; EAC preparation for both DoD and International Programs; Financial reporting experience.
4. Excellent communication skills with the ability to present business strategies, financial information, and risk assessments to Program Managers and Business Unit Management.
5. Demonstrated ability to perform independent risk analysis and cost/schedule performance assessments leveraging solutions that create business value to the customer and company.
6. Strong experience with Earned Value Management.
7. Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment.
1. In-depth knowledge of DOD financial business models.
2. Proven skills and knowledge of financial management and analysis.
3. Complete understanding of contract types and terminology.
4. A solid understanding of FAR, CAS and Disclosure Statements.
5. Experience with similar and relevant financial experience as described in the job description.
6. Familiar with government contracts.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top