Mgr Business Development (SPAWAR/SOCAL) Band 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead sector's business development/marketing activities for the Space & Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) customer, along with other Southern California (SOCAL) commands. The position will be responsible for:
- Long range strategic planning for SPAWAR / San Diego area commands' business;
- Identification/validation of opportunities;
- Assessing and shaping near-term and long-term requirements;
- Capture plan development/execution;
- Customer and partner relationship development and interaction management across multiple levels/functions; and
- Technical/operational/customer/partner knowledge for the Mission Systems business areas.
The individual will determine market trends and develop business cases that align customers' needs/opportunities with Northrop Grumman's capabilities and discriminators. The individual will also be an integral part of establishing a close link between division and staff engineering/systems design personnel and their peers within his/her external customer base, and for enhancing external customer knowledge and acceptance of Mission Systems capabilities and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in business development; alternatively, equivalent military or civilian SPAWAR experience in lieu of formal business development experience accepted
- Experience in leading and interacting with executives and technical professionals of various levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to lead/drive teams, and an ability to develop and implement creative strategies that can position the sector for new business
- Knowledge of/experience with DoD programming/budgeting/acquisition processes
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Advanced degree in a business or technical discipline
- Top Secret Clearance
- Experience leading/supporting capture activities for programs of more than $25M
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top