Mgr Business Development (Army and Air National Guard)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Business Development Manager to lead the sector's business development / marketing activities for the Army and Air National Guard customers. He/she will be responsible for:
- Long range strategic planning for National Guard business;
- Identification/validation of business opportunities;
- Assessing and shaping near-term and long-term requirements;
- Capture plan development/execution;
- Customer relationship development and interaction management, especially at senior levels across Guard components
- Technical/operational/customer knowledge for the business areas.
He/she will determine market trends and develop business cases that align customers' needs/opportunities with Northrop Grumman's capabilities and discriminators. He/she will also be an integral part of establishing a close link between division and staff engineering/systems design personnel and their peers within his/her external customer base, and for enhancing external customer knowledge and acceptance of Mission Systems products and solutions.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 15 years of experience in National Guard assignments or in business development / marketing to Guard components
- Experience in leading and interacting with executives and technical professionals of various levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to motivate/energize teams, and an ability to develop and implement creative strategies that can position the sector for new business
- Knowledge of National Guard acquisition processes and interfaces with service counterparts
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Advanced degree in a business or technical discipline
- National Guard Bureau experience
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top