Mgr Business Development 3
Description - External
The Business Development Manager will support the marketing / business development activities for the Fast Jet &UAS business areas within the L&C4ISR Division.
The Manager's responsibilities include: long range strategic
planning; business opportunity, identification / validation, capture, plan development / execution and customer interaction management; technical, operational and customer knowledge for the business areas. The Manager will help formulate / review short / long-range plans, and objectives for specific product / product line pursuits to "grow the business".
The incumbent will work with a team of business development professionals in specific business capture pursuits. Position will
be located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
- BS Degree with minimum 6 years experience in programmatic, technical, USAF operations or business development.
- Prior military experience as a USAF pilot. (preferred)
- Demonstrated presentation skills both written and oral, including the ability to effectively communicate to senior management.
- Basic market, programmatic, budget and technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements (Army,
USMC, USAF, USN).
- Demonstrated success in applying entrepreneurial out of box approaches to expand market space.
- Experience conducting and directing competitive product analysis and thorough market research of products.
- Experience creating business development and marketing strategies to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with the program management and engineering teams.
- Basic understanding of international business practices.
- U.S. citizen and ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Security Clearance (Secret)
- BS Degree (Engineering, Science, Computer or Math), MBA
- Prior Military (USAF) experience in operations for the product areas or acquisition of the products within DoD.
- Prior experience in developing international business.
- The ability to work through the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) and Workbench.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top