Mgr Business Development 3
- McLean, VA
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) Information Systems and Services Division is seeking a proven Business Development professional to serve in the role of Account Manager (AM) / client executive to cover the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) primarily focused on Information Systems, Information Services, Cybersecurity Operations, and Data Operations. This position will be located in McLean, VA.
- Perform all activities essential for the identification, qualification and capture of new business opportunities
- Develop strategies to build a pipeline, qualifying opportunities, manage all aspects of account/territory growth and drive customer relationships across all levels of the account
- Understand the applicable organizations, have direct relationships across these organizations and have strong working knowledge of their budgets, priorities and areas of investment in relation to NGDS capabilities & technologies
- Work closely with customers to identify and shape near-term and long-term requirements and should have a proven track record of successfully closing business within the appropriate DHS agencies and organizations
- Serve as the principal liaison and point of contact with all key customers within assigned market segment
- Interface with Northrop Grumman Government Relations to accomplish customer executive level shaping
- Perform ongoing assessments of customer requirements, determine market trends and develop strategies that align the customer's needs/opportunities with NGDS capabilities and discriminators
- Assess NGDS market position versus competitors in the market segment by assessing their strengths, weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Identify sufficient business prospects to meet both near and long term business requirements
- Work closely with technology and strategy teams to determine customer and industry relationships required to scale in this market and will prepare comprehensive market/account plans
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline and 5+ years of business development experience with DHS.
- Expertise in enterprise-level information technology (IT) and services, DHS mission support, and cybersecurity, with an understanding of and experience bidding and winning in this federal marketplace.
- Proven presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, and a strong sales/marketing presence.
- Ability to clearly present ideas to senior management, line management, and customers.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Active Secret clearance
- Business Development or executive level experience with DHS.
- Strong DHS customer relationships and ability to gain access to appropriate decision makers.
- Experience with and current contacts in DHS's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
- Experience in cloud ecosystems, data science, analytics, DEVSECOPs, and application migration.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top