Mgr Business Development 3
- Annapolis, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Strategic Growth Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The preferred candidate will report to the Undersea Systems Strategic Growth Director and possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the domestic military/government undersea warfare market and customer set. As one of the leads responsible for strategic growth of the business, the candidate will develop strategies and implement actions that will expand the undersea warfare business base within the business unit.
Activities will include the capturing of new business and upgrade/modernization program opportunities, penetrating adjacent markets by referencing in-house competencies, supporting proposal development/pricing efforts, and working in partnership with multiple internal functional organizations. The candidate will support meeting the Long Range Strategic Plan, the Annual Operating Plan and new business acquisition objectives. Candidates must develop a detailed knowledge of the customer's needs and acquisition strategies, the DoD acquisition process, and an understanding of the competitive landscape.
The candidate will work very closely with the program management staff to develop strategies to position the business unit for success. She/He should possess the following minimum skills:
- Develop concepts and strategies that utilize internal capabilities to help the customer achieve objectives.
- Effectively convey new concepts and strategies to both internal and external customer sets
- Possess keen business sense and ability to solve complex business development problems and situations utilizing ingenuity, innovation and creativity.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of internal and external organizations. This will include assisting in the development of advertising and marketing communications materials and representing Undersea Systems interests at industry trade shows.
- Develop pipelines and strategy roadmaps in collaboration with the operating units.
- Cross-collaborate with other business units within the division to address customer requirements as a single Northrop Grumman entity.
- Develop customer engagement plans and strategically shape customer requirements.
Back to top