Mgr Business Development 3 (Airborne C4ISR Systems Division)
The Airborne C4ISR Systems Division within the Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team of high-performing and diverse individuals to provide mission-focused solutions to our international customers. Candidates will identify and manage business development opportunities, capture campaigns, and strategies relating to combat avionics, communications, electronic maneuver warfare, surveillance, and/or advanced systems in the defense airborne domain. Key activities include: customer engagement/relationship management; market assessment; opportunity identification and shaping; capability gap analysis; operational, politico-military, and economic evaluation; requirements definition; U.S. Government technology release, disclosure, export licensing, and programmatic advocacy and engagement; baseline offer development; offset/industrial participation negotiation; and capture strategy formulation and implementation.
The successful applicant for this position will independently form and lead diverse, multi-discipline teams to create and capture new international business in support of Division objectives. Significant experience leading international business development activities, U.S. Foreign Military Sales programs, and U.S. Government technology release, disclosure, and export approval processes is critical. A working knowledge of U.S. and foreign airborne sensors, SIGINT, fire control systems, weapons and mission system integration, electronic warfare, threat systems, and/or interoperability and associated datalinks and communications systems is essential. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence foreign senior military and civilian decision makers is strongly desired. Working knowledge of Australian, Japanese, Korean, Middle Eastern, and/or United Kingdom/European military requirements, acquisition, budgeting, and political processes is strongly desired. The ability to apply entrepreneurial approaches to expand aerospace systems markets and integrate multiple advanced technologies into mission-level capabilities is strongly desired. Excellent written and oral presentation skills are essential, including the ability to produce material for customers at all levels and senior company executives.
Specific responsibilities include identifying and developing international business opportunities and business diversification initiatives; long range strategic planning; cultivating and maintaining customer relationships; shaping and monitoring assigned new business campaigns and strategies; advocating for U.S. Government release of advanced technologies and capabilities to international customers, including changes in U.S. export/technology release policies; serving as capture and proposal lead when directed, and protecting and growing established business. Other responsibilities include articulating strategy and direction to company executives, identifying key customer requirements, and conducting competitive analysis and market research.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar technical field, business, international relations, or equivalent plus 10 years of relevant international business development, civil service, or military experience.
- Significant experience with U.S. Government Foreign Military Sales, technology release, disclosure, and export policies, procedures, and processes.
- Working knowledge of U.S. and foreign airborne sensors, SIGINT, fire control systems, weapons and mission system integration, electronic warfare, threat systems, and/or interoperability and associated datalinks and communications systems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts and systems to foreign customers and shape their decision process.
- Proven record of building and leading diverse, multi-discipline international business development teams in a collaborative environment across distributed locations and organizations.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills to cultivate, expand, and maintain customer relationships (internally and externally), assess technology and opportunities to provide customer solutions, and develop program capture plans.
- Ability to travel internationally when directed.
- Current SECRET clearance.
- Master's Degree in International Business/Marketing, International Relations, Global Leadership, National Security Studies, or equivalent.
- Experience in strategic planning, identifying new opportunities, collecting and analyzing competitive intelligence, developing capture strategies, and mapping customer acquisition strategies.
- Significant practical experience developing/implementing international engagement strategy, managing international programs, and leading technology release, disclosure, and export licensing processes.
- Working knowledge of Australian, Japanese, Korean, Middle Eastern, and/or United Kingdom/European military requirements, acquisition, budgeting, and political processes.
- Previous DSCA, DTSA, SAF/IA, NIPO, DASA(DEC), Office of Defense Cooperation, Joint Staff/J5, Combatant Command/J5, or PM/RSAT assignment.
- Operational military background.
- Eligibility for TOP SECRET/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top