Mgr Business Development 3
Northrop Grumman Maritime Systems Business Unit, Charlottesville Operating Unit, a key supplier of integrated ship systems, navigation, machinery controls and life cycle support, is seeking a Business Development Manager to support development/marketing activities for our Maritime customers (including Navy, Army, and Coast Guard), as well as expansion of sales into international markets. Although this position will be located at Charlottesville, Virginia, it is expected this position will also interface with our customers at locations across the United States and internationally. The position will be responsible for:
- Long range strategic planning and market analysis for the integrated ship systems, navigation, and machinery control markets;
- Identification, validation and qualification of opportunities;
- Assessing and shaping near-term and long-term requirements;
- Customer and partner relationship development across multiple levels/functions; and
- Technical/operational/customer/partner knowledge of our business areas.
As manager for Business Development within the Maritime Systems Business Unit, this candidate will have responsibility to:
- Ensure the maritime customer requirements for current and future systems are met at the company's Charlottesville location;
- Identify and implement business development projects relating to new products and/or industries, technologies, or services;
- Identify markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of product development in conjunction with the business leaders;
- Perform analyses on new or improved product opportunities and/or business models and coordinates with internal departments in identifying/implementing business development projects
- Develop customer relationships in the marketplace;
- Work with engineering staff and potential customers to determine their needs;
- Develop and disseminate information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfillment of project goals and objectives;
- Assist the Communications Department with the drafting of sales brochures and press releases and provide support for trade show planning and execution; and
- Work with the Operating Unit's business leads to assist in formulating awards projections over the Annual Operating Plan(AOP)/Long Range Strategic Plan(LRSP).
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university;
- Knowledge of the DoD programming and budget cycles;
- A minimum of 10 years' experience, with 5 years in Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and StrategicPlanning or 4 years of service-related resource/requirements or acquisition experience;
- Knowledge of business development, capture, and proposal best practices; and
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Technical Bachelor's degree from accredited university;
- MA/MS Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies, Engineering, or Financial Management/MBA;
- Relationships at Naval Sea Systems Command and/or OPNAV, and/or US Coast Guard;
- Knowledge of DoD surface and subsurface fleet requirements;
- Working knowledge of and experience with Congress, OSD, and the military services;
- Working knowledge of the C4ISR, navigation, or maritime industrial base;
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program execution and/or international sales; and
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top