Mgr Business Development 3
The Airborne C4ISR Systems Division within the Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team of high-performing and diverse individuals to help provide mission-focused solutions to our DoD customers. Candidates will identify and manage business development opportunities, capture campaigns, and strategies relating to surveillance, electronic maneuver warfare, combat avionics, communications, and/or advanced systems in the defense airborne domain. Key activities include customer engagement, feasibility analysis, baseline offering development, and capture strategy oversight and implementation. When working with customers, the candidate will determine their needs and operational gaps, leading engineering, marketing, and capture teams to derive customer solutions.
The successful applicant for this position will lead and/or support key domestic and international business captures and must be sufficiently self-motivated to create new business in support of division objectives. Technical and USAF/USMC/USN customer knowledge in airborne sensors, SIGINT, fire control systems, weapons and mission system integration, electronic warfare, threat systems, and/or joint interoperability and associated data-links and communications systems is essential. Prior operational/tactical experience with integrating joint air dominance, strike, and C2ISR platform/mission operations along with associated CONEMP/CONOPs is strongly desired.
SAP program and TS/SCI experience is strongly desired. Strong understanding of DoD PPBE and Congressional budgeting processes is strongly desired. Strong understanding of joint operational requirements development is strongly desired. The ability to apply entrepreneurial approaches to expand aerospace systems markets and integrate multiple advanced technologies into mission level capabilities is strongly desired. Excellent written and oral presentation skills, including the ability to generate written material to communicate to customers at all levels, including senior executives, is required.
Specific responsibilities include identifying and developing business opportunities and business diversification initiatives, long range strategic planning, cultivating and maintaining strategic customer relations, shaping and monitoring assigned new business campaigns and strategies, serving as proposal capture lead when directed, and protecting and growing established business. Other responsibilities include articulating strategy and direction to senior management, identifying key customer requirements, and conducting competitive analysis and market research.
This position can report to either McLean, VA or Baltimore, MD
- Candidates should have a BS degree in either engineering or similar technical field plus 20 years of relevant business development or military experience (with at least 10 years of operational experience).
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required as well as the ability to persuasively demonstrate products / systems to potential new customers.
- Candidate must possess the ability to build and manage business development teams.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are needed to cultivate, build and maintain customer relationships (internally and externally), assess technology opportunities to provide customer solutions, and develop program capture plans.
- A results driven attitude and a proven capability of working in a collaborative environment across distributed locations and organizations.
- Top Secret clearance required, with ability to attain SCI.
- Masters in Business / Marketing.
- Experience in strategic planning, identifying new opportunities, collecting and analyzing competitive intelligence, developing capture strategies, and mapping customer acquisition strategies.
- Relevant experience at the operational and strategic military staff levels, with emphasis on acquisition, planning and/or budgeting processes. Pentagon or MAJCOM tour a plus.
- Experience with ACAT-1 programs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top