Mgr Business Development 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking an experienced Cyber Operations and Defense Information Services (DIS) Business Development Manager to join our team of experienced and diverse individuals.
This position is located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland and/or Herndon, Virginia.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence identifying and developing business opportunities, and growing top line business, within the DoD and International cyber operations and DIS opportunity space to include software sustainment and modernization. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Technology Services, Advanced Defense Services Division, Security Services Business Unit team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform all business development activities associated with the identification and qualification of new business opportunities within the DoD and International market segment as assigned by the Business Development Director
- Perform business development activities across early phases of the Northrop Grumman Business Acquisition Process (BAP), leading to opportunity qualification
- Identify key customer contacts, budgets, procurement/technical requirements, investment needs, applicability of NGTS capabilities & technology, and NGTS discriminators
- Identify and maintain active liaison with all customers associated with the assigned DoD and International cyber and DIS opportunity space; perform ongoing assessments of requirements and customer value analysis
- Support development of the Advanced Defense Services Division and Security Services Business Unit pipeline, to include opportunity tracking and maturation
- Work closely with BD Managers, Capture Managers, line leadership, and Division resources to ensure all required marketing intelligence is factored into capture strategies and tactics leading to contract wins
- Perform ongoing assessments of competitors, analyze their bidding strategies and tactics, and identify competitor strengths & weakness relative to specific opportunities
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field; advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of successful business development, program management, or engineering expertise in marketing systems and/or cyber security capabilities and services to the DoD community
- A solid understanding of the DoD vision and strategy, organizations, and commands. Knowledge and understanding of the DoD acquisition and POM cycle is a must.
- Familiarity with key Cyber customers, influencers, and decision makers
- Understanding of and experience bidding and winning in the DoD and International marketplace
- Demonstrated experience identifying, qualifying and winning $10M opportunities
- Well versed in industry, and the competitive landscape
- Ability to align Northrop Grumman capabilities with winning solutions to help customers meet their mission objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, and a strong sales/marketing presence. Candidate must be able to clearly present ideas to senior management, line management, and customers.
- Position requires an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- TS/SCI with in scope polygraph
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top